Tuesday, September 29, 2015

30, flirty, and thriving!

If you don't understand my title, watch 13 going on 30. :)
Today is my 30th birthday and I am in Greece with my best friend. (Let that soak in)

Isn't life amazing? 

As a kid I had pictured myself married with kids by the age of 30, yet here I am living an even more incredible life than I ever could have imagined. God sure does have a way of taking the plans you have for your life, laughing, and turning them into something even better than your wildest dreams. 

Your 20's are very formative years and help shape the success of your 30's. In this last decade I graduated from college, lived paycheck to paycheck trying to juggle bills and student loan payments which as every young college graduate knows is ROUGH. I had to master the art of getting gas on credit option not debit and balancing the charge perfectly before payday to not overdraft. If you are broke and need any other tips, you know who to come to. 

I began my career in advertising and have ended up living and working in my dream city of San Diego. I have learned what I won't put up with in relationships (not just romantic, ANY relationship). I no longer care what anyone thinks of me. I like me, my family and friends love me; and that's what matters. I am blessed, but what is more important to highlight here is the hard work and heartbreak it has taken to get here. Life isn't easy, but it's worth it! So for today, on my 30th birthday I celebrate everything I have accomplished so far in life and everything that is yet to come. 

Heading in to my 30's I'm financially sound (FINALLY!), happy, healthy (65+ lbs gone and still going!) and enjoying life by traveling, trying new things (paddle boarding, anyone?) and working in a field I love; stressful and busy, yes, but I love working with people and have an awesome book of clients. A lot of people dread turning 30, but I'm embracing it. My 20's were hard. I'm ready to enjoy all of my hard work from my 20's in my 30's. Maybe find a special someone and have kids? Maybe not. What I know for sure is God has something in mind for me and my life that I couldn't possibly begin to fathom and now, at 30, I find great comfort in that fact. To the next 30 years. Hope they are as magical as the first 30.  

No comments:

Post a Comment